Special Announcement 6/7/16:
You can now sign up for the MarcUS For Change 5K!
For more information head to the "Annual 5K" Heading tab.
MarcUS for Change strives to improve the academic, social, and mental well being of at-risk middle school and high school children. We coordinate local and national opportunities for mentoring, academic support, extracurricular activities, and social development.
MarcUS for Change honors the life of Marcus Dixon McInerney and children who face economic, social and familial challenges in areas like Stamford, Connecticut.
After "couch surfing" for years, Marcus met the McInerney family who offered him a stable home. With help from community advocates and diverse mentoring groups and opportunities, Marcus made a remarkable transition and escaped a life of violence and truancy. Marcus graduated high school and attended West Point Military Academy before his life was cut short in a tragic accident in 2012.
MarcUS for Change is Marcus' story - inspiring each of US to be the change kids need, especially during their formative years through middle and high school.
What We've Achieved - We're Just Getting Started!
- 3 years of successfully organizing a 5k race which raised nearly $200,000. 100% of the proceeds went to support Stamford Public Education Foundation.
- Presented Stamford High School with the first ever MarcUS for Change Spirit Award along with $1000 prize.
- Supported the Mayor's Youth Employment program for three consecutive years.
- 2 plus years of supporting Stamford Youth Foundation football and cheerleading programs
- Purchased 65 loaves of Pumpkin Bread baked by Kids Helping Kids in support of people in need for the holidays.
- Supported RF Boxing's Stand Up for Youth 5K fundraising event and their first ever student summer camp.
- 2 years of supporting the Rachel Sottosanti Foundation for Mental Health
- Support the Abilis Foundation which assists developmentally changed young adults
- Continued support for the Boys and Girls Club in Stamford