MarcUS for Change strives to improve the academic, social, and mental well being of at-risk middle school children. We coordinate local and national opportunities for mentoring, academic support, extracurricular activities, and social development.
Marcus' struggles during his childhood resembles that of many at risk youth in Stamford today. Due to circumstances beyond his control, Marcus resorted to "couch surfing" for a few years before meeting the McInerney family. Several mentoring programs enabled Marcus' remarkable transition from a being a truant youth to attending West Point Military Academy. Our goal is to inspire our youth to reach for success. We are inspired by the support networks that positively influenced Marcus’ development during his middle and high school years.
What We've Achieved
- Back to back years of successfully organizing a 5k race which raised over $120,000 combined. 100% of the proceeds went to support Stamford Public Education Foundation.
- Presented Stamford High School with the first ever MarcUS for Change Spirit Award along with $1000 prize.
- Supported the Mayor's Youth Employment program for back to back years.
- 2 plus years of supporting Stamford Youth Foundation football and cheerleading programs
- Purchased 65 loaves of Pumpkin Bread baked by Kids Helping Kids in support of people in need for the holidays.
- Supported RF Boxing's Stand Up for Youth event.
- 2 years of supporting the Rachel Sottosanti Foundation for Mental Health
- Support the Abilis Foundation which assists developmentally changed young adults
- Continued support for the Boys and Girls Club in Stamford